Christian Dior's Spring 2013 Couture: Who Is the Princess of Nature Now?

Christian Dior's Spring 2013 Couture Presentation
Christian Dior's Spring 2013 Couture Presentation


If Raf Simons� element last couture season were flowers, he showed us just how powerful of a weapon his nature theme could be de nouveau for Dior�s spring 2013 Haute Couture presentation. I fell so connected to this collection, that it gave me goose bumps (in the best of ways though). 

The setting at Dior, and the music made me plunge into a deep dream that reminded me of the more mature, seductive side of Alice in Wonderland. The beauty of the clothes spoke for themselves, for they even took away the unexpected life of the decaying trees set along their paths, to be injected into every single one of those treasures. It all seemed masterfully minded, such as embroidery pieces which were crafted luxuriously well from the tree�s stems and vibrant flowers to be bloomed on coats, dresses, and tops. The pastel colored numbers incorporated with the Anne Hathaway haircut, elevated the passionate mood swing of the Dior lady I�ve been fond of. Shoes also had a prevailing metallic touch that felt needed for this collection, which looked of high standards with those neon colored leggings. There were dresses that could have been an effortless top for many, but for me it was part of the mood swing Simons was portraying. I felt everything was intended to be part of this wonderful story I experienced.

For a couture show, pieces appeared appropriate for a modern clientele. Now that the Oscar�s ceremony is around the corner, I wouldn't be shocked if someone were to wear a dress from Raf Simons� Dior couture collection. I am really curious to know if there is any actress who has a surprise waiting for us, because you do know this is "couture."

Christian Dior Spring 2013 Couture

Christian Dior Spring 2013 Couture

Christian Dior Spring 2013 Couture

0 comments:

Post a Comment